Thursday, April 3, 2008

Survival of the ... Mmmm, Margaritas.

Last night I took my four graduate students, who all successfully defended their theses this week, out for Mexican food and margaritas. This is one advantage of grad students over undergrads - drinking age. Anyway, we had a lot of fun and celebrated their accomplishments for a little bit before they headed out to celebrate with their families and I went to a play - Dog Sees God - with my adorable husband. The play was directed by a friend of his and done very well, so it was a fun night.

The only thing that would have made the evening better would have been not having to stay up til 2 with computer issues with my grading. My husband was up packing for his trip to visit the first of the two grad programs he was accepted to.

So today I've been preparing for the rest of the week's defenses, tomorrow's classes and the early night I hope to give myself after I drop him off at the airport.

Knitting and crochet has been slow this week. I began a different crochet project as I want to think and read a little more about the Retro Femme Empire Top Thing. It's a strapless top from Sensual Crochet (of course) by Amy Swenson. I got five rows done in the faculty senate meeting Tuesday (the penultimate one with any luck!) but I've only done one row since then.

I'd like to start something new on knit but just don't feel like I have time. You know it's bad when you just don't even want to think about what you could cast on for. Hopefully a quiet weekend of aloneness will cure my blues. I'm thinking about following Kelly Petkun's example and listening to an audiobook while cleaning this weekend. I normally listen to knit and crochet podcasts while I craft if I'm home alone, but I'd like to get some housework done, too. Plus, I just recently bought Audacity of Hope. :)

I've got the Weekend Wonder planned though, and it's knit(!), so at least that's something!

No comments: