Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More Optimistic Less Decisive

Hello again! Thanks for your nice comments and emails. Mr. Man and I have been thinking about Everything in our free moments, which have sadly been few and far between. He is actually supposed to tell his grad schools where he is planning to attend... well, yesterday, but he's not decided yet, which is rough for him. I'm certainly not decided either, but he's got a stack of schoolwork to distract him and I've got a stack of grading to distract me, so we're plodding along.

My stack is (figuratively) a little shorter though. I say figuratively, given that my classes are paperless, so there is no stack, per se. I've got some final thesis revisions I'm going to start after this, but every item I finish is something off the list. The thesis I'm reading right now is about a local neighborhood everyone thinks of as traditionally African-American that actually has a long history of being racially diverse. It made me think of one of my favorite songs:
Talk to the old black men who will make the observation
that we're still grouped into the haves and have-nots.
Yeah, it's been a long time since integration
but it seems some folks here they forgot.
(Jennifer Nettles Band, Round and Round)
(Nettles is always good, and Sugarland is great, but some of us miss JNB.)

I'm going to take a page from Jocelyn, the Knitting Linguist's book, and crochet a couple rows for every chapter, or something like that. I think I'll work on the Retro Femme top since it's now less portable than the Strapless Corset, which is frogged-and-born-anew and in an easy repetition stage, where as the Retro Femme top currently requires scissors. :)

No comments: