Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pre-Bed Post, in which I make dumb jokes

My husband - Mr. Man - is studying for his statistics final. I'm his human calculator, so our evening conversation has mainly consisted of long periods of keyboard and calculator typing punctuated occasionally by him asking something like, "12 times 52 is...?" The following exchange just occurred as the blog was loading:
Man: 12 times 12 is 144, right?
Me: Ew, that's groooossssss.

**Pause while I giggle some more.**

Today has, again, mainly consisted of grading. I made some significant progress on the scarf during breaks, but I also had to nap when my brain inexplicably shut down midday. I spent my last break looking at a group I recently joined on Ravelry - Natural Dyeing - and I now have a major jones to crochet. There's something about the rhythm of it that's calling me lately, and the moderately complex colorwork knitting isn't doing it for me (though it needs to be done).

I should be off to bed since I'm actually leaving the house tomorrow morning. Happy May Day and Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

That was definitely worth a giggle :) I always wish I could think of things like that so quickly! Hope the leaving of the house this morning went well!