Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Buffalo vs. Madison

I realized this morning that I'd been remiss in sharing our good news of late, which is that my husband has been accepted to his top two choices for PhD programs: U at Buffalo and U Wisconsin-Madison. I've been sniffing around the Buffalo and Madison groups on Ravelry - have I mentioned that I'm shy? - but until he gets to go visit and hopefully hears a little more about money, we won't know for sure what the future holds.

I'm looking forward to the move either way, but it sure isn't easy waiting and not knowing what will happen next!

If anyone out there is from either of those cities, or went to either of those schools even, shoot me an email. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sorry so brief today, I've got to get back to work and get a few more things done before this week's faculty senate meeting (where I will be crocheting - you know it!). We may actually be wrapping up tonight on our major motion (the one we've been dealing with every week this year). There's still a secondary motion to deal with separately, but this would be a big step - not to mention a nice treat to get to go home before 7 on a Tuesday. :)

1 comment:

CC said...

I don't know anything about U Buffalo or Madison, but I do know about having a husband trying to decide what grad school to go to. We are pondering unc, vanderbilt or alabama-birmingham. It's exciting and stressful and scary all at once!